Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rising Tied



I was initially introduced to Fort Minor through my best friend/sister who is a big fan of Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park (big fan is an understatement). I heard what she had and agreed that it was a great job. However I came across a few other songs that I liked from their Rising Tied album. I decided that 3 years after it's release I should take a look at it. To summarize the experience in one word--WOW!.

I am not a big fan of Rap--something about most people's rhyming annoying (some things were never meant to rhyme no matter how you mispronounce a word). However I have always loved LOVED Linkin Park's ability to put forth more than just words--rather a whole mood is projected. I don't believe I have ever skipped a single Linkin Park song because it's "not worth listening to".

Fort Minor has been added to one of the few albums that I can listen to from beginning to end without feeling that I need to skip a song, joining the ranks of Alanis Morisetts Under Rug Swept, and Jagged Little pill as well as Christina Aguilera's Dirrty Album and WElcome to the Circus album to name some of the few.

If you are looking for some really deep lyrics intersperse with a great beat that has you tapping your feet check out this Album--I definitely loved it. my favorite song? a tie between Kenji and Where'd you go?

--signing off for now--
dre

1 comment:

Strlady said...

To compare it to Alanis and Christina... I'm impressed, but if it's rap and linkin parkish... I'll pass. Sorry Jess.. Love ya but I'll keep my distance.

 

D-E-F-E-N-E-S-T-R-A-T-E | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates