Sunday, March 28, 2010

Strawberries!!



So, I went with la familia to a few plant places in search of our future lawn superstars. In our search I was sidetracked. I have always wanted to grow my own flowers/herbs/veggies/fruits/(insert produce here).My grandmother's garden in PR is the provider of much tasty-ness so I decided to try my own hand at it!

Let me preface this whole post with saying one very key character flaw, I kill flowers. No really! Carnations on friendship day in high school was a day of reckoning for all carnations that were gifted to me. (how was I supposed to know that a paper clip splint and scotch tape doesn't save a flower!!)

I was not blessed with the green thumb both my aunt and grandmother have.

So with very careful steps I decided to try and grow my own strawberries. The nice lady at Lowe's garden center told me it was one of the best starters for a container garden.



So wish me luck! I'll need it.

UPDATE: So....after 2 weeks of having my strawberries growing well, I left them outside for some direct sunlight and the texas wind messed up 5 of my 10 strawberry plants. I'm replanting them today. :(

No comments:

 

D-E-F-E-N-E-S-T-R-A-T-E | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates